Friday, February 7, 2014

My Review of Zom-B by Darren Shan

What a fantastic book on horror! Shan truly is the "bestselling master of horror."

This is the first horror story I've read that was actually very interesting. The title drew me in and the story did not disappoint.

The shocking thing to me was that the main character, B Smith, was actually a girl. Shan never mentions that B is a girl until almost the end of the book, so most of the way through, she seems like she is a boy. Shan does a very good job at hiding B's true identity in that way. I was very surprised when I found out she wasn't who I originally thought she was.

The book itself was very fast paced and good. I loved how gory Shan got. It was enough to give you an adequate picture of the scene in your mind, but not too graphic to make you sick to your stomach.

Overall, I enjoyed the book so much and would recommend it to anyone looking for a really good zombie apocalypse book.

No comments:

Post a Comment