Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Review of Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger by V.C. Andrews

This was probably one of the most off track and odd stories I've ever read in my life.

I loved the story, don't get me wrong. That wasn't what's messed up about this book. What's wrong with it is the fact that it veers completely away from the original story.

First of all, isn't it supposed to be about Christopher's diary? Then why does the plot mainly circle around Kristin Masterwood? It didn't make much sense. It seemed more like a story about Kristin than it did about the Dollanganger children.

Second of all, it was just creepy all around. This book is fucked up in a lot of ways. The way that Kristin and Kane act while reading the diary deeply disturbed me. What happened with Christopher and his sister Cathy was really fucked up and weird, but it was made worse when Kristin and Kane began to put themselves in their shoes and do as they did, even go as far as having sex after reading about Christopher raping Cathy when he found out Cathy had kissed their mother's new husband, was way too far.

Overall, I did enjoy the story, besides the fact it dragged on and on and on. I would recommend it to everyone, but don't expect it to be like other V.C. Andrews' books because this is nothing like them AT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment